Fleurieu Peninsula Attractions
The South Australian Fleurieu Peninsula stretches south from Adelaide to Cape Jervis and east from Spencer Gulf to Lake Alexandrina. The rugged southern toe of the Fleurieu presents an unspoilt & diverse gem of villages and appealing natural diversity.
The Fleurieu Peninsula and surrounds
There is much to explore and enjoy within 50km of Second Valley – and plenty close by! After you dine at The Mill, wander the Randalsea Village, swim or fish at the Beach, allow time to explore beyond by car, boat, bike or on foot.
Beyond the many features of the village of Randalsea and the famous beach and cliffs, you can:
• Wander through Second Valley Forest amongst the unique flora and fauna.
• Drive the road between Inman Valley and Myponga through rugged country, then visit the large market
in the old dairy, open every weekend.
• Walk on the many coastal walking trails at spectacular Deep Creek Conservation Park, with
outstanding views across to Kangaroo Island, watched by many kangaroos!
• If you have a 4WD vehicle, drive down to wonderful Blowhole Creek Beach and swim, fish or rock-hop.
• Explore the ruins of the fascinating 19th century mining operations at Talisker Silver-lead Mines,
operated for 104 years.
• Visit Cape Jervis, a popular fishing community and the departure port for the Sealink Ferries.
• Take a day trip, or longer, by ferry to Kangaroo Island.
• Fish at Rapid Bay, or swim with beautiful leafy sea dragons.
• Find the appealing little white church sited remotely by a creek aside a windy dirt road west
• Picnic by a river or a waterfall and enjoy the beauty of the landscape.
• Enjoy the delights of the farming region around Mt. Compass – beef, marron, sheep, berries,
dairy cattle, pheasants, trout, deer, banksias.
• See the Resort, Marina and other development at nearby Wirrina Cove.
• Dive on the sunken warship HMAS Hobart.
• Eat, drink and be merry at Normanville at The Courthouse, the Pub or the Cafes.
• Visit the Yankalilla Historic Museum, take the walk to town historic locations, then have
a coffee or meal at Inna’s Cafe, or visit the yummie bakery.
• Visit wineries, farms and many other attractions.
Email: [email protected]